In-game Description Edit
"This versatile unit can serve any purpose. They wear heavy armor and wield a powerful sub-machine-gun. But be careful, their noisy weapons can call the attention of the nearby infected."
General Information Edit
The Soldier is a unit in They Are Billions. They can be built from the Soldiers Center.
Soldiers are versatile units that primarily act as hardy frontline infantry, having more health than Rangers and more armor than both Rangers and Snipers. Their submachine gun is powerful enough to stop small groups of infected with relative ease, but the noise they generate can attract nearby infected if the player is not careful, possibly triggering Villages of Doom.
The Soldier acts as a middle ground between the Ranger and Sniper in terms of firepower, having a faster firing rate than both. This makes them better at defending against normal infected and reasonably good against Infected Venoms due to their resistance against venom (50%), making them effective defensive units, especially when placed in towers to extend their range.
A unique bonus that this unit has is that it acquires more experience from zombies than other units, allowing it to reach veteran status faster. Another extra bonus of Soldiers is that they regenerate their health at the rate of 5 HP/sec, allowing them to return to the frontlines faster after taking heavy damage.
Squads of 7+ soldiers are adequate for clearing the map of normal infected, but caution must be taken when they encounter Infected Harpies.
Experience gained Edit
Shots-To-Kill Table Edit
Tips & Strategy Edit
- Due to the extreme sound that their weapon makes when being fired, it is better not to use this unit individually until you have an army of at least 8 soldiers. This is because the infected are attracted by the sound and this can surpass the offensive and defensive capabilities of the soldiers.
- By getting more experience when killing infected, it will be necessary to bring the soldiers to all the battles (attacks and defenses) that they can, since this way they will reach the rank of veteran and they will be more powerful.
- Soldiers works very well with Lucifers, because they have resistance against fire (50%) that allows them to alleviate friendly fire.
When deployed from Soldier center:
- "Reporting for duty!"
- "At your service."
- "Any orders?"
- "Is everything okay?"
- "Just tell me what to do."
- "Orders, sir."
- "Ready and waiting."
- "Tell me."
- "Just guide me to the Infected."
- "Sorry sir, was just cleaning my weapon."
- "Come on."
- "Great idea, sir."
- "Of course, my commander."
- "On your orders."
- "That will be easy."
- "Bring 'em on!"
- "Heeere we come!"
- "I will kill our enemies!"
- "Let's get them!"
- "Fooor the humans!"
- "Fooor the colony!"