In-game Description[edit | edit source]
"This versatile unit can serve any purpose. They wear heavy armor and wield a powerful sub-machine-gun. But be careful, their noisy weapons can call the attention of the nearby infected."
General Information[edit | edit source]
The Soldier is a unit in They Are Billions. They can be built from the Soldiers Center.
Soldiers are versatile units that primarily act as hardy frontline infantry, having more health than Rangers and more armor than both Rangers and Snipers. Their submachine gun is powerful enough to stop small groups of infected with relative ease, but the noise they generate can attract nearby infected if the player is not careful, possibly triggering Villages of Doom.
The Soldier acts as a middle ground between the Ranger and Sniper in terms of firepower, having a faster firing rate than both.
Soldiers are also slower than Rangers but are much faster than snipers, they are capable of outrunning all common infected. This makes them better at defending against normal infected and reasonably good against Infected Venoms due to their resistance against venom (50%), making them effective defensive units, especially when placed in towers to extend their range.
A unique bonus that this unit has is that it acquires more experience from zombies than other units, allowing it to reach veteran status faster. Another extra bonus of Soldiers is that they regenerate their health at the rate of 5 HP/sec, allowing them to return to the frontlines faster after taking heavy damage.
Squads of 7+ soldiers are adequate for clearing the map of normal infected, but caution must be taken when they encounter Infected Harpies.
Against the Harpies' claws their heavy armour, decent movement speed, and fast health regeneration does them in good stead, especially when operating in units. Rangers die in short order due to their low effective health pools and Snipers lack the mobility to escape something they cannot kill.
Experience gained[edit | edit source]
Shots-To-Kill Table[edit | edit source]
Tips & Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Due to the extreme sound that their weapon makes when being fired, fighting with a single Soldier is not a good idea. This is because the infected are attracted by the sound and this can surpass the offensive and defensive capabilities of the Soldier(s). Wait to make a squad - at least six to eight - before engaging the infected without support.
- By getting more experience when killing infected, it's a good idea to bring your Soldier's to as many fights as you can permit - a Veteran Soldier is a very powerful upgrade - gaining a whopping additional 10 AD, on top of more Armor and Attack Speed.
- Soldiers works very well with Lucifers, because of their resistance against fire damage (50%). By taking only half the damage this can allow for less than perfect control so a single mishap won't incinerate the bulk of your army.
- Defensibly, Soldiers work well en masse by acting as a living firing wall which self heals, assuming proper micro management.
- When using Soldiers en masse it is often better to focus on making an Academy Of Immortals than to veteranise each individual Soldier.
- Soldiers work well with Titans; the Titan's area of effect damage to deal with dense swarms and the Soldier's firepower (assuming at least six to eight) make for a handy force. They also work well as a mobile reserve for when the infected breach the colony walls. In dire situations the soldier's armor and health regeneration make a defensive wall for the Titan, leaving it safe to clear the larger knots of infected. In high enough numbers, a squad of Veteran Soldiers will clear out any surviving infected - freeing the Titan to be re-tasked onto greater priorities.
- When all else fails, a squad of Solders make wonderful meat shields. You'll be surprised how long they last!
Quotes[edit | edit source]
When deployed from Soldier center:
- "Reporting for duty!"
- "At your service."
- "Any orders?"
- "Is everything okay?"
- "Just tell me what to do."
- "Orders, sir."
- "Ready and waiting."
- "Tell me."
- "Just guide me to the Infected."
- "Sorry sir, was just cleaning my weapon."
- "Come on."
- "Great idea, sir."
- "Of course, my commander."
- "On your orders."
- "That will be easy."
- "Bring 'em on!"
- "Heeere we come!"
- "I will kill our enemies!"
- "Let's get them!"
- "Fooor the humans!"
- "Fooor the colony!"