In-game Description[edit | edit source]
"The mutant being is the result of the application of genetic engineering on humans to turn them into infected killing machines. It has mechanical claws so sharp that it can kill several infected in one strike."
General Information[edit | edit source]
The Mutants were super soldiers created by Dr Whiney, Head of the National Infectious Diseases Institution, under the Project Phoenix to combat the rising tide of infected.
The Mutant is a unit available in both Survival Mode and Campaign Mode. In order to access the Mutant in Campaign Mode, you must research from the High Research branch. Once unlocked, the unit is available from the Engineering Center.
The mutant is a melee unit, dishing out Area of Effect damage. It has a huge health pool but a rather low health regeneration rate of 10HP per second, forcing them to take a long time to recover if severely injured (it takes them 200 seconds to recover from 1HP to full-health). Due to their extreme movement speed, they can easily kite a huge horde or swiftly move to protect any defense that is in threat of being destroyed. Unfortunately, it can't kill special infected in one attack, meaning the Mutant will take consistent damage from them, spelling the Mutant's death if you don't monitor them closely while they clear the map.
However, all of this comes at the cost of a very high food/gold/oil upkeep per Mutant and a high initial cost. The research cost for the Mutant is 6000 Gold, leaving your first Mutant costing 11000 Gold.
There is a mutant variant of infected called the Behemoth Mutant, being a Mutant that got infected. It has a much larger health pool of 1500-8000 HP, but otherwise has the same properties as a normal mutant. It has a very high alertness, even higher than a Harpy. This means it is very easy to pull it from long distances, which can spell doom to your colony unless you are sufficiently prepared. It also generates a lot of noise, attracting more zombies.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- "The mutant is ready to destroy the world."
- "Anything to destroy?"
- "Anything to destroy?!" (This voice line has two variants, with 'destroy' being said differently)
- "Amazed by the power of the mutant? Hehah."
- "Speak, pathetic human."
- "Tell the mutant what to do."
- "Humans are so puny!"
- "You are all so weak."
- "We will conquer the world!"
- "Don't waste the time of the mutant."
- "Mutants will rule the world!"
- "Mutants are the future."
- "Let's go." (Multiple variants of 'let's go')
- "Get out of my way, humans!"
- "Come on!"
- "Let's do it, humans."
- "Make my day."
- "Smashing the ground with every step."
- "Don't try to submit the mutant."
- "The mutant obeys--for now."
- "??? crashing heads!" (Note: Person who did this edit couldn't completely understand this voice line even after multiple listens.)
- "Let the mutant destroy them!"
- "*Incoherent Yelling / Battle Cry*"
- "Fell the rage of the mutant!"
- "I will stomp on their heads!"
- "So easy!"
- "For the mutants!"